The theoretical struggle is a key component of the class struggle. Without revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement. Capitalism is facing the deepest crisis in its history. The ruling class can offer no real way forward for the vast majority of people.
The In Defence of Marxism magazine – produced by the International Marxist Tendency – is a tool and a weapon for revolutionary class fighters all over the world, offering serious Marxist analysis on theoretical questions and burning issues of the labour movement.
We must answer the dominant ideas of the bourgeois and the reformists, and cut through the distortions about the ideas of Marxism. The aim of this magazine is to allow our supporters – especially those new to Marxism – to do this.
Issue 44 of In Defence of Marxism magazine focuses on the life and legacy of Lenin, one of the greatest revolutionaries to ever live, on the centenary of his death. This issue opens 2024 as the Lenin Year with a bang!
- How Lenin studied Hegel – an advanced article on revolutionary philosophy, and Lenin’s meticulous attitude towards the subject.
- Lenin against Oblomovism – a term Lenin lifted from one of his favourite novels to describe the ineptitude and flabbiness of the Russian intelligentsia.
- Lenin’s Last Struggle – a reprint of an article from the ‘70s covering Lenin’s fight against the Stalinist bureaucracy at the end of his life.
- Trotsky’s Struggle to Rejuvenate the Bolshevik Party – on how to take the organisation forwards and bring on new forces – extremely useful for us in the building up towards the RCP.
- New Tasks and New Forces – written by Lenin in 1905, about the need to throw off all routinism and strive to provide an organised expression and leadership for the revolutionary movement.
Please note: We only deliver print editions of the magazine to UK residents. Non-UK residents should head to the In Defence of Marxism website.